Get Started Now!
Phone Number:
Free Bankruptcy Evaluation
Fill out our free online evaluation form for a free consultation with our San Jose Immigration attorney.
Free Evaluation
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us:

"We hired San Jose Personal Injury Lawyer Geoffrey Nwosu because our friend referred us to him. He proved to be quite knowledgeable and experienced in personal injury. He recovered money for us. We will recommend anyone in need of a personal injury attorney to use him."
- Vk, Santa Clara County

"Attorney Geoffrey Nwosu negotiated our case and settled our accident injury case for substantial amount. He saved us a lot of money for not going through trial. We are very happy for his service."
- Will, Gilroy, Bay Area

Frequently Asked Questions
San Jose Immigration & Naturalization Attorney

San Jose Green Card Attorney / Bay Area Working Visa Lawyer

To help you serve you better, we’ve compiled and listed below some of the top questions that we’ve encountered that you may have when thinking about immigration related issues. If you still have questions after reading, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation.
If I marry someone outside the US, will that person automatically become a citizen?

No. Your spouse will receive a green card first if the correct procedure is followed, and if your spouse is eligible.

How long it take to get a green card?

This varies by person and state. The process of getting a green card isn’t complex but the process could be time consuming.

Where Can I Learn More about San Jose Immigration Law?

The Immigration and Nationality Act is a law that governs immigration in the United States. For the part of the law concerning most types of permanent resident status, please see INA § 245. The specific eligibility requirements and procedures for adjusting to permanent residence status are included in the Code of Federal Regulations [CFR] at 8 CFR § 245.

Who is eligible?

To find out who may apply for permanent residence in the United States, please contact us to get eligibility information. (Please note, your permanent residence status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you were given permanent residence. For more information, please contact our immigration lawyers to learn more.)

How do I apply?

To find out how you can apply to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States, please contact us to learn more – we will help you identify what you need to do. After you submit your application materials, you will be asked to go to a USCIS office to answer questions about your applications. Don’t worry, we will help you through this process.

Will I get a work permit?

Applicants for adjustment to permanent resident status are eligible to apply for a work permit while their cases are pending. You should use USCIS Form I-765 to apply for a work permit. You do not need to apply for a work permit once you adjust to permanent resident status. As a lawful permanent resident, you should receive a permanent resident card that will prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently.

Can I travel outside the United States?

If you are applying for adjustment to permanent resident status, you must receive advance permission to return to the United States if you are traveling outside the United States. This advance permission is called Advance Parole. If you do not obtain Advance Parole before you leave the country, you will abandon your application with USCIS and you may not be permitted to return to the United States. For more information, please contact us to learn more.

How can I check the status of my application?

We will contact the USCIS office that received your application on your behalf to ensure that the process for you is as smooth as possible. We will work with the USCIS staff with specific information about your application.

How can I appeal?

The only applications for permanent residency (Form I-485) which can be appealed to USCIS are those based on a marriage which took place while the alien’s application was in process or those based on Section 586 of Public Law 106-429, adjustment of status for certain nationals of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. These appeals must be made to the Administrative Appeals Unit (AAU). Be assured that we can help you through this process if necessary.

If you are looking for an experienced California Immigration Attorney, please contact our San Jose Naturalization attorneys & Bay Area Working Visa lawyers at 408-912-5983 or to schedule a free consultation. When you retain our California Immigration and San Jose Naturalization law firm, you will get professional representation backed with many years of experiences in California Immigration cases.

Law Office of Geoffrey C. Nwosu
San Jose Immigration Lawyer & Naturalization Attorneys
Salinas, San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco, Antioch

Immigration / Naturalization Disclaimer: San Jose Citizenship Immigration Lawyers

San Jose immigration lawyer, San Jose naturalization lawyer,Law Offices of Geoffrey C. Nwosu, a San Jose Green Card Working Visa attorney, and San Jose employment immigration attorney located in Bay Area California. Information or material present at this site should neither be considered as a legal advice nor formation of attorney client relationship. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.

Our Immigration, Bankruptcy & Personal Injury attorneys provide bankruptcy, personal injury accident services to Santa Clara County, Alameda County, Monterey County and Santa Cruz County areas including the cities of San Jose, Gilroy, Morgan Hill, Salinas, Monterey Valley, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Campbell, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Fremont, Hayward, Union City, Oakland, Pleasanton, Antioch, Tracy, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Los Altos, East Palo Alto, Mountain View, Redwood City, and Santa Cruz

The information you obtain at this site is not intended to be legal advice nor to create an Attorney Client relatiomship. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Please do not send any confidential information to us before establishing an attorney-client relationship. For a free case evaluation and consultation call 408-912-5983
Call now for a free consultation with the Law Offices of Geoffrey C. Nwosu
Visit Our Other Websites:
Law Offices of Geoffrey C. Nwosu
Bankruptcy in Gilroy / San Jose
Bankruptcy in East Palo Alto
Bankruptcy in Sunnyvale / Milpitas
Accident Attorney in San Jose
Auto Accident in San Jose
Immigration Attorney in San Jose
Personal Injury in Gilroy
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in San Jose
Pedestrian Motorcycle Wrongful Death

Facebook Yelp Google Places LinkedIn YouTube
Blogger Twitter  
© Copyright Law Offices of Geoffrey Nwosu. Website Design by ATLAS

San Jose Immigration Lawyer - Green Card Attorney San Jose - Naturalization Lawyer San Jose - Bay Area Immigration Attorney - Visa Attorney San Jose - Citizenship Attorney San Jose - California Citizenship Attorney - California Green Card - San Jose Immigration Law - Free Immigration Lawyer Consultation - Sunnyvale East Palo Alto Immigration Lawyer - Fremont Alameda Immigration Attorney - Free Naturalization Consultation - Sunnyvale - Milpitas - Campbell - Santa Clara